Wednesday 19 November 2014

I'm back! // The Christmas Tag



 I'm back!
Yay
I'm laughing so hard,
can't believe the last time i wrote was June!
Naughty Shell.

I can't eloquently get across how excited i am for Christmas.
SO.FREAKING.EXCITED.
It's our last December in Berlin
*cries*
 so we are fully prepared to go to every single market,
drink every sip of glühwein,
and stuff every last crumb of stollen in and around our faces.

I've seen this post on my feed a lot and it's been so lovely reading everyone's memories
and thoughts and getting a small insight into their Christmas,
i couldn't not join in!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
THERE ARE TOO MANY!
Muppet Christmas Carol
Elf
The Grinch
Miracle on 34th Street ['94]

There are so many more but these are my absolute favourites,
i've been watching the muppets and miracle since the early 90's,
[wah so old]
they are imprinted onto my heart.


2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Growing up in Germany we exchanged presents on the 24th,
so since moving to the UK my parents started a new tradition where my sister and i
got a present from the Christkindl
[always pyjamas]
but then opened our actual presents from each other on the 25th.
We still do that to this day even though we've both moved away from home!

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
When i was younger nana's sister would take my cousins, my sister and i
to go the Palace in Manchester to see the christmas show.
We'd get McDonalds and then go back to my nan's and put on our own version
of whatever show we'd just been to see.
My favourite was The Snow Queen.

Oh my god.
We were so annoying.


4. Favourite festive food?
Baileys.
No no, i'm just kidding,
that's not a food.

I love Christmas because there's this unwritten rule where you can shamelessly eat
as much buffet whenever you want.
Crisps, twiglets, cheeselets.

My favourite part of Christmas dinner?
Pigs in blankets!
*violently drools*
Try and stop me.

5. Favourite Christmas gift ?
I loved the theatre tickets each year.
I got a furby the year they came out which came as a surprise.
We didn't really have stuff like that,
popular toys/consoles etc.
I was so happy.


6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Cinnamon.
And baileys. 

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Christmas eve is always at my parents house.
I spend all day shopping, baking, and making the buffet with my mum.
My boyfriend and his parents come round, as does my sister and her fiancee,
we eat and drink
[baileys]
and play cranium.
We've recently started a new tradition where each couple buys a decoration
and we do a swap.
The [actual] grown ups don't know this but me and my sister have been playing
"who can buy the ugliest decoration"
for the past two years.
Unfortunately for them they always get our ugly baubles!

8. What tops your tree?
At my parents house we used to have this ugly old fairy/angel thing that my mum hated,
last year it got 'lost',
and now i think it's just a big bow.
For our Berlin tree we have a giant star,
nothing sentimental, i am however on the lookout for a nice something.


9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
Spice Girls polaroid.
My best friend got one and i was so jealous.
After a point it didn't have to be a Spice Girls one,
i just wanted a polaroid.

Years later i have a camera obsession :-/
I blame my parents!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Spending it at home!
Being in Berlin is really lonely for a homebody.
December is the best because it means i get to go home and see my family,
give them presents i've chosen and wrapped,
and there's that general Christmas feeling which makes everything feel even more homely.
It's truly my favourite time of year.

Don't cry for me being in Berlin though,
i love the snow and i'm spoilt with the markets!

Now i tag YOU!!
If you have a blog and you haven't already done it do it!
So fun :)

Tweet me if you're playing
@1kleinemaus

I'm also on instagram!
@_michellehayley 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...